How to Update Redmi Y1 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Redmi Y1 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo? then you are at right place. We are here with the tutorial on How to Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo Officially In this Guide, we will Tell you the easiest way using which you will be able to Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Redmi Y1 Lite is the cheaper variant of the already budget oriented selfie oriented smartphone from Xiaomi, and while Xiaomi has done almost done everything by providing great specs and features in the Redmi Y1 Lite, the only thing which Y1 Lite users are missing is an Android 8.0 Oreo update which would give the users multiple features and better UI, and therefore today we are going to teach you how you can easily install Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
To teach you how you can install Oreo on your Redmi Y1 Lite, we will be taking you through the files required for this update with their download links included, the prerequisites to be fulfilled to update your device, and also the step by step guide on how to install the Oreo update that we downloading in the Redmi Y1 Lite.
Guide to Update Redmi Y1 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo
If you follow our guide on updating your Redmi Y1 Lite then you will not be needing a PC to successfully install Oreo on your device as our tutorial is based on the TWRP method that requires TWRP custom Recovery installed in your device. You can install TWRP in your Redmi Y1 Lite by following our guide for Redmi Y1 Lite TWRP installation.
Prerequisites before you Update Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure that your device has at least 65% of battery in it so that the process does not fail.
- Your Redmi Y1 Lite must have the Oreo update file in its internal storage that you have download from here.
- Please do not follow this tutorial on any device other than Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite as it will not work.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite
- Since you have fulfilled each and every condition of the prerequisites section given above, you can now proceed further. Although if you haven’t completed them, please do that otherwise this tutorial won’t work.
- Starting off, go into twrp by turning your device off, and holding down the power button and volume up at the same time.
- Now go to backup and make a backup of your device in case you something goes wrong.
- After that head to the wipe section and perform a factory reset on your device.
- At last go to install, locate the oreo update file and tap on it. Now sliding the slider will begin Oreo installation on your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite.
- In the end, tap on Reboot System to reboot your Redmi Y1 Lite into the newly installed Android 8.0 Oreo Update.
We hope that you are liking the new Android 8.0 Update in your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite. Also, let us know what is your favorite feature of Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite. If you liked this post share it on social media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!