Guide to Update Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
So do you want to Update Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo? then you are at right place. We are here with the tutorial on How to Update Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo Officially In this Guide, we will Tell you the easiest way using which you will be able to Update any Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo.
Back in late 2017 Xiaomi announced its budget Redmi device for Selfie lovers which had decent specs with a powerful front shooter. While Xiaomi provided almost everything in their custom MIUI, the only thing that is missing from Redmi Y1 is an Android Oreo 8.0 Update, but not anymore! We are here with a method using which you easily install the latest Android Oreo Update in your Xiaomi Redmi Y1!
Not only that but if you follow our tutorial you will also get to know things like the file required for this tutorial along with their download link, prerequisites of this update and last but not least the step by step guide for installing the Oreo update file which we will be downloading later on in this tutorial.
Guide to Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
Another great thing about our comparatively quick and short tutorial is that you will not need a PC for updating your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android Oreo even once, all you need to update your device is to have TWRP Custom Recovery installed in your device which you or anyone can do by following our guide on installing TWRP in Redmi Y1 that can be found on our website.
Prerequisites before you Update Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Make sure that your device has at least 65% of battery in it so that the process does not fail.
- Download the latest version of Oreo Update ZIP file in your Xiaomi Redmi Y1’s internal storage from this link.
- This guide is designed only and only for a Xiaomi Redmi Y1 so we do not advise trying it on any other phone.
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Redmi Y1
- Since you have fulfilled each and every condition of the prerequisites section given above, you can now proceed further. Although if you haven’t completed them, please do that otherwise this tutorial won’t work.
- Now head to TWRP mode by holding down volume up and power button simultaneously once the Redmi Y1 has been turned off.
- After that make a nandroid backup of your device as well as do a factory so that we can proceed ahead in the Oreo installation process.
- Last but not least head to install section and find the Oreo Update file and start the installation by tapping on it sliding the slider.
- Finally, the update will install in a few minutes after which simply tap on Reboot Device to start using Android Oreo on your Redmi Y1.
We hope that you are liking the new Android 8.0 Update in your Xiaomi Redmi Y1. Also, let us know what is your favorite feature of Android 8.0 Oreo in Xiaomi Redmi Y1. If you liked this post share it on social media and consider checking out our other blog posts to stay updated with the latest Tech Content!